Personalized, hands-on care
Whether your condition is a chronic issue or due to an acute injury, a physical therapist can help you regain your range of motion, manage your pain, and prevent such injuries from recurring in the future. But what exactly happens at physical therapy? How does it work?
At Hudson Wellness, your physical therapist will first conduct an in-depth evaluation of your condition and injury history in order to design a personalized program for you. With every following session, we will re-evaluate your condition to make any necessary adjustments to your treatment regimen and ensure that you are progressing. Our certified physical therapists use a combination of therapeutic exercises, Kinesiology, Pilates principles, stretching, and pressure techniques to get our patients back on their feet.
How Physical Therapy works
After an in-depth evaluation, your physical therapist will work with you to design a personalized program that includes therapeutic exercises, Kinesiology, Pilates principles, stretching, and pressure techniques aimed at rehabilitating joints and restoring mobility.
Your tailored patient care plan will include a variety of in-clinic techniques and take-home exercises, such as:
- Range of motion, strengthening, endurance, and stability exercises with proper body mechanics
- Core strengthening and body awareness using Pilates principles
- Posterior Chain activation using Foundation Training principle
- Manual therapy using Maitland, Mulligan, and McKenzie techniques
- Kinesio Taping to decrease pain and facilitate a range of motion
- Gait training, including stairs and curbs with proper use of cane, crutches and/or walkers
- Ergonomics consultation designed by Humanscale
- Physician-supervised, multidisciplinary care (Chiropractics Acupuncture Massage)
- Post-surgical rehabilitation (we work closely with your surgeon regarding your plan of care)