A DEXA scan is ideal for anyone who wants to know precise details about their body composition. It is also helpful for those who want to track how it may change over time. Results from a DEXA scan can often give you insight into whether your nutrition and fitness plans work to help you achieve desired results. A DEXA scan is also ideal for older men and women who meet risk factors for fractures and osteoporosis.
Common risk factors for osteoporosis include:
– Family history of hip fractures and osteoporosis
– Being slender and having thin bones
– Having low levels of estrogen (women) or low levels of testosterone (men)
– Poor nutrition and lack of vitamin D and calcium
– Certain medical conditions like rheumatoid arthritis, gastrointestinal diseases, and cancer
– Long-term use of certain medications including proton pump inhibitors, anti-seizure drugs, and selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs)
– Heavy alcohol use
– Low physical activity level
To learn more about whether a DEXA scan is ideal for you, make an appointment with one of our providers at Hudson Wellness. Our team at Hudson Wellness has extensive experience with this unique service and can discuss its benefits in greater detail during your appointment.
Contact us today at 646-882-6278 to schedule a consultation or request a consultation online. Our wellness providers remain on standby to answer your questions about our many wellness services.
Make wellness a part of your health care routine by booking your appointment now. Book Now Same day appointments and procedures available.