Hemp oil is becoming a popular healing modality in the wellness industry, but what exactly is it? The hemp plant contains more than 80 different phytocannabinoids that can help supplement the cannabinoids that your body makes naturally and support the ECS.6 Most people are familiar with THC, the phytocannabinoid in marijuana, which is psychoactive. Legally available hemp stalk extracts – imported from outside the United States – must contain less than 0.3% THC, which is not enough to give you that “high” feeling.
Recently, hemp oil has been the focus of many scientific studies as researchers sought out to find answers about the mysterious healing properties of this compound. It has proven its effectiveness in helping with a wide variety of health issues, but the strongest evidence supports that hemp is very useful when treating epileptic conditions, specifically Dravet syndrome and Lennox-Gastaut syndrome, two conditions that don’t typically respond to anti-seizure medications. A number of studies show participants having a marked decrease in seizure incidence when taking medical grade CBD. Some research indicates hemp was powerful enough to stop seizures altogether. This was a breakthrough in the medical industry and is one of the many benefits that hemp oil has on human health and wellness.
In addition to its anti-seizure properties, hemp has been successfully used to combat stress, depression, insomnia, and according to research published in the European Journal of Pain, shows alleviation of pain from arthritis when applied to the skin of animals. Another important and popular use of hemp oil is for anxiety treatment. Anxiety disorders affect up to 18% of Americans and can be debilitating for most. Hemp has been touted to help provide relief for anxiety symptoms because of the compound’s ability to communicate with the neurotransmitter gamma-aminobutyric corrosive (GABA), which assists in quieting the sensory system.
At Hudson Wellness, we strive to provide our clients with the best products that have been backed by science-based evidence to help support their wellbeing and wholeness. We now offer a variety of hemp tinctures, oils, candles, bath bombs, and creams that can help users improve focus, mitigate chronic pain, and alleviate anxiety. We also have hemp products for various other conditions such as fibromyalgia, insomnia, and epilepsy, to name a few. We offer brands such as Radical Roots that combine both hemp oil and traditional Chinese herbs to target specific ailments. Some examples include:
- Relief Remedy – used to alleviate hip and back pain, leg cramps, low back pain and disc herniations, fibromyalgia
- Revive – used to fight chronic fatigue, adrenal fatigue, immune deficiency
- Remy’s Revenge – a powerful formula used to combat epilepsy, sensory autism, Parkinson’s and multiple sclerosis, hypertension, migraines
- Rest & Relax – used to help with anxiety, chronic stress, insomnia, difficulty falling and staying asleep, vivid dreams, nightmares, night sweats
Our other oral tinctures include:
- Plant People Drops – promotes relaxation, relieves stress and anxiety, helps support body and brain function
- Charlotte’s Web Extra Strength – provides support for everyday stress, healthy recovery from exercise, support a sense of calm and focus
- Wildflower – relief for joint and muscle pain, anxiety relief, increased focus and clarity, helps build immunity
Our topical CBD products include:
- CBD Clinic Pro Sport Ointment – helps restore range of motion, joint and nerve pain, lower back pain, speeds muscle recovery
- Mary’s Nutritional Muscle Freeze – quick soothing and cooling relief from muscle aches, stiff neck and shoulders, low back pain, sore feet and tendonitis
- Charlotte’s Web Hemp Cream – blend of vitamin b5, aloe, coconut oil, arnica and Shea butter that helps soothe arthritic joints and calms dry, itchy skin
- Charlotte’s Web Hemp Balm – includes essential oils that help with dry cuticles, chapped hands, soles of feet, elbows & knees
- Plant People Balm – helps with sore muscles and stiff joints, sprains and bruises, promotes skin circulation
- Herb Essntls Lip Balm – helps lips rebuild their natural barrier
- Outch Extra Strength Roll-On – convenient roll on applicator for low back pain and sports injuries
- Outch Extra Strength Salve – great for reducing inflammation, deep joint and muscle soreness, sunburn
- Radical Roots Topical Relief – helps to alleviate fibromyalgia, back or hip pain, leg cramps and back weakness
We also have a variety of hemp capsules, vaporizers, bath bombs, soaps & candles, and we’ve recently launched our edibles shop including sparkling water, gummies and chocolates. Visit Hudson Wellness at 281 Broadway Tribeca, NYC or send us a message below for more details about hemp.
[contact-form to=”email@example.com” subject=”CBD Inquiry”][contact-field label=”Name” type=”name” required=”1″][contact-field label=”Email” type=”email” required=”1″][contact-field label=”Message” type=”textarea”][/contact-form]
Make wellness a part of your health care routine by booking your appointment now. Book Now Same day appointments and procedures available.